Blanco County (Johnson City)
Architect: Henry T. Phelps
Year Built: 1916
The “new” Blanco County Courthouse was built in Johnson City following relocation of the county seat from Blanco in 1890. This structure replaced the “Old” Blanco County Courthouse designed by F.E. Ruffini and built in Blanco’s town square in 1886.
Built in the classical revival style, this courthouse features Doric column, locally-quarried limestone and a domed cupola.