Tarrant County Courthouse (Fort Worth)
Year Built: 1895.
Text of the Texas Historical Marker:
Designed by firm of Gunn & Curtis and built by the Probst Construction Company of Chicago, 1893-1895. This red Texas granite building, in Renaissance Revival style, closely resembles the Texas State Capital with the exception of the clock tower. The cost was $408,840 and citizens considered it such a public extravagance that a new County Commissioners’ Court was elected in 1894.