Wood County Courthouse (Quitman)

                        
                            Trey Wilson San Antonio                         
                    

Year Built: 1925

Architect: C. H. Leinbach

The Wood County Courthouse is located in Quitman, Texas.

From the 2003 marker text:

The Texas Legislature created Wood County in 1850 with Quitman as the county seat. The county first used a log courthouse on the south side of the square before building a two-story frame structure, which burned in 1878. The county’s third courthouse, designed by the noted F.E. Ruffini, was completed in 1884. It burned in 1924, and the county hired C.H. Leinbach of Dallas to design a new courthouse; Rice Construction Co. served as general contractor. The county added an annex in 1950, but the courthouse retains its Classical Revival style, with features including a grand stair with raised entry, a four column temple front, and a full entablature with dentil molding and pediment.

Leinbach also designed the Cottle County Courthouse in Paducah, Texas and the Killeen High School.