Burnet County (Burnet)
Architect: Lewis Milton Wirtz
Year Built: 1937.
The Burnet County Courthouse is located in the city of Burnet, Texas. It is the third courthouse to serve the County, with prior courthouses constructed in 1854 and 1875. The second courthouse was built of limestone and served until 1935, when it was razed to build the current courthouse.
This courthouse is designed in the Art Deco style, and constructed of granite. It has bas-relief sculptures at the main entrance on the east side and on an ornamental panel above the west side door.
Wirtz also designed the Guadalupe County Courthouse.
Burnet County was formed by the Fourth Texas Legislature on February 5, 1852, from parts of Travis, Williamson, and Bell counties. It was named for David G. Burnet, president of the provisional government of the Republic of Texas.